Customer Experience & Technology Department
Marketing Operations Lead (Sr. Technical Producer)
Job Purpose and Goals
- The goal of the MktgOps Lead is to support, provide solutions for, and improve the agency’s digital marketing needs from the perspective of digital marketing platforms and technical execution.
- The role exists as part of the MktgOps team and is an active collaborator with the larger Customer Experience (CX) team to ensure ongoing projects/initiatives are aligned with agency needs.
- A large percentage of time will be spent on:
- Overseeing agency needs with respect to Digital Marketing Platforms.
- Acting in a Business Analyst capacity to define business rules and system requirements for CRM, Social and CMS based engagements.
- Ensuring data and privacy compliance while documenting data management best practices and requirements.
- Working closely with Project Management to ensure project technical process and risks/challenges are understood in the context of project execution and WBS’.
- The individual is expected to identify and understand their educational needs and act on them to ensure they are prepared to tackle new types of platforms, technologies, and workflow processes.
- The individual reports to the VP of MktgOps who will provide mid- and long-term objectives, act as a sounding board, provide support/mentorship, and opportunities for formalized training to ensure success of the individual and team.
- Manage and advise on the administration of digital marketing platforms. Work with teams to identify optimal resources and workflows for projects as needs and tools evolve.
- Email CRM: Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Web CMS: Kentico, Adobe Experience Manager
- Client Sales Rep Digital Materials: Veeva CLM/CRM
- Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Provide support to teams through documented standards, processes, and checklists to ensure all stakeholders are clear on how projects are executed and managed.
- WBS vetting and scenario planning with Project Management
- Business Rules Documents
- RACI grids
- Data and System Architecture documentation
- Data Management protocols and standards
- Process workflows and schematics
- Translation of client technical governance
- As new technologies and systems are introduced to the agency, the individual should be among the first to have expertise and immediately integrate and operationalize them within the agency.
- Act as a cross functional digital liaison to ensure standards, risk thresholds, and communication/language are consistent throughout the organization.
- No job is too big or too small. The MktgOps lead is a problem solver with a broad skillset to help teams keep moving forward.
- 10+ years in digital marketing and marketing technology
- 5+ years as a Technical Project Manager, Producer, or similar role/responsibilities
- Extensive experience in major workflow/process improvement initiatives
- Strong understanding of web technologies, development processes, marketing automation platforms, data architecture
- Good understanding of organizational finances and management
- Good understanding of workflow process methodologies and process management
- (Waterfall/Agile/Hybrid/Lean Six Sigma/BPM)
- Some exposure to healthcare/pharmaceutical advertising
Desirable qualifications and software certifications
- Administration of Task Management Tools/Creative Review tools/Approval workflow systems
- Marketing Automation Certification (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- WebCMS certifications (Adobe Experience Manager, SiteCore, etc.)
- PMP Certification
- Yellow+ Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Approachable/Personable – Carries themselves with humility and respect for others
- Organization – Does not require oversight in managing workload, is able to prioritize needs, and accomplishes tasks on time
- Digital Literacy/Subject Matter Expertise – Has a strong understanding of marketing technology. Is able to comprehend complex digital concepts and is a highly motivated self-learner
- Communication – Is a strong listener and is able to interact with teams and clients at any level. Is able to translate complex digital concepts into layperson descriptions for non-technical audiences
- Critical Thinking/Risk Management – Is able to analyze and assess situations for potential risk and recommend solutions
- Fiscal Responsibility and Integrity – Is experienced in balancing Time/Cost/Scope at the brand project level up to the organizational level. Operates with the best interest of the organization in mind
- Trustworthy/Transparency – Is self-aware and honest about their capabilities, capacity, and knowledge
- Resourcefulness – Is able to work with what is available and fill gaps/needs to the best of their ability